2017/2018 House League Season Details
Welcome to the Registration information page for North Toronto Hockey for the 2017/2018 season.
Registration Date and Time:
Getting Ready for Registration:
You will need to have an active sportngin account, so we recommend creating your sportngin account before the 10th if you haven't already done so (never registered at NT) or updating any information on your account.
Make sure you have a scanned copy or picture of your child's passport, birth certificate or some other proof of age, it will be needed to complete your registration. Also, make sure you have completed the RIS Parent course. If you have already taken the course make sure to link your new player to your RIS Parent profile.
Players can only be registered in one association. If you have registered for the 2017/2018 elsewhere please request a withdrawal/release before proceeding. You will be charged a $75.00 admin. fee if you need to withdraw your player from NT due to double association registration.
Respect In Sport Parent:
Hockey Canada, the OHF and the GTHL are mandating that all families of registered players must complete the Respect in Sport Parent Program. This means that one parent must take the course. If you have mutliple players please make sure they are all linked (including any new players), in your RIS Parent profile.
The NTHA requires all families to have their course completed before registration.
No one can step on the ice until a parent has completed the course. You do not need to email us when you have completed the course, we can find you on the Hockey Canada Database.
If you took this course in 2016/2017 you DO NOT need to complete it again.
Here is the link:
Their 24/7 help desk number is: 1-866-945-9906
RIS PARENT FAQ’s
1) How much does the program cost? Answer - $12.00/family. Only one family member must complete the course however the material remains available to the entire family on a perpetual basis. The NTHA does not recieve a percentage of the course fees.
2) What if the Parent does’t not have a computer? – Answer - Most public libraries provide free computer access.
3) What if the Parent does not have a credit card? – Answer - Pre-paid one-time use credit cards can be purchased at numerous retail locations and can be used to pay.
4) What if the Parent has a language barrier? – Answer - The program is available in French and English. For parents whose first language is not French or English can ask a child, friend or relative to sit with them as they go through the program, and assist/translate for them. There are also many Cultural Centres in the GTA that can assist the families. This program has been implemented within municipalities surrounding the GTA including communities that have parents whose first language is not French or English.
5) Is this required every year? Answer - No, once you have completed it you are certified and there are currently no plans for requalification/recertification.
6) How will local administrators/registrars know whether or not a parent has completed the program? Answer - The Respect in Sport Parent Program is connected to the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR). Once a parent completes the Parent Program, the child’s name and date of birth as entered by the parent in the Child Management page of the program is automatically sent to the HCR where it searches for the same name and DOB. If it is found, the player profile in the HCR is updated to indicate the player has a parent who has completed the program. None of the parent’s information is transferred to the HCR. Local Registrars will also have direct access to the Respect in Sport – Parent Program data-base, as they currently do for the Activity Leader Program.
7) What if a parent took the Parent Program through another sport. Do they have to take it again? Answer - No. Parents can import their parent certification over to the GTHL parent program data-base. Importing instructions are very simple, and can be completed in a couple of minutes. There is no cost to import an existing certification.
8) If a parent has already has taken the Respect in Sport activity leader program for coaches, do they still have to take the Parent Program? Answer - Yes. The Parent Program is different in content from the Activity Leader program for coaches. The Parent Program was created at the request of hockey coaches, and most coaches find the content very beneficial.
9) How long is my Parent Program Certification good for? Answer - There is no expiry.
10) What supports/resources are in place to assist associations and registrars/administrators with the program? Answer - Respect in Sport works very closely with associations and registrars to support them through implementation and beyond. In addition to a 24/7 live person bilingual help desk, training webinars are made available to administrators/registrars.
11) What happens if a new child is added to the system in future years? Answer – The parent/guardian would be able to add the certification to that child’s profile on the child management page of their Respect in Sport profile so there will be no need to complete the program again.
We understand that there have been some mixed opinions about the implementation of this program. To date there have been almost 228,000 participants in Hockey Canada that have now taken this program. Every Branch and Association that have implemented the program have been extremely satisfied. Not one of them regret implementing it. The feedback from users (parents/guardians who have taken the program) is overwhelmingly supportive. It is important for us to carry forward a positive approach to this implementation in order for it to have the desired impact. We will do what we can to assist you during the implementation process.
What is Planned for NT House League for 2017/2018?
Postal Code/Catchment Area:
M2L, M2P, M3B, M3C, M3H, M3K, M4G, M4H, M4J, M4K, M4N, M4P, M4R, M4S, M4T, M4V, M4W, M4X, M4Y, M5M, M5N, M5P, M5R, M5S, M6A, M6B, M6C, M6E, M6G, M6H, M7A.
Anyone outside of the above postal codes will be able to register after June 1st provided there is still space available.
If you have any further questions regarding registration please email Kathey Carrington at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to be considered for coaching at NT.
What is Included in the HL and LTP Fees?
Fees include jersey,socks, water bottle as well as a combination team/individual player photo
Players wishing to withdraw from the program must do so in writing either through email or written letter to the registrar and/or the house league chair.
If the player is not accepted due to the program being full you will receive a full refund. All players will be offered the opportunity to be placed on the waitlist, but no refunds will be provided until an official request to withdraw is made directly to the registrar.
Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of the withdrawal request from April 10th to August 1st. Any refunds requested after August 1st will not be processed until October 15th, 2017
If you register a player for the first time for the 2017/18 season after August 1st, and then wish to withdraw anytime after, you will not receive a refund unless your spot has been filled by Sept 15th. If your spot has been filled with another player by Sept. 15th. we will issue a refund minus the $75.00 admin fee.
Select Players that have ACCEPTED a spot with a North Toronto select team, and then want to be released at any time after, will not receive any refund on their HL registration fees.
(For players who withdraw from North Toronto and have attended at least one try-out for select but have not been offered a spot may receive a refund on HL fees equal to their HL fee less a $100.00 admin fee after April 11th. They will not recieve a refund if they withdraw after Aug.1st)
As per Hockey Canada, you may only register for one club at a time. If you have regsitered for more than one association and decide to withdraw from NT, the above rules apply. If you are eligible for a refund you will be charged the $75.00 admin. fee.
The Registration "Registration Information" is not currently available.